Using the data of competitors’ websites to determine the optimization direction of your own website is an advanced seo tutorial. If we want to do a good job in seo optimization of independent stations, we must do digitized seo and do scientific seo. Only by analyzing competitor’s website with seo data can we verify the time cost, resource cost, and labor cost of our website to achieve the corresponding position, so that seo can be quantified.
As the saying goes only by knowing yourself and the enemy can you win a hundred battles. To do anything, you need to understand the market and your competitors. The same is true for the Internet. Competitor research is an important part of market competition research, which is very valuable for judging the degree of competition for specific keywords and understanding the situation of the industry throughout the day. So where should SEO personnel study their competitors?
1. Query the basic data of competitors’ websites.
When analyzing competitor websites, it is an essential part of seo work. seo needs to constantly monitor the ranking of its own website. If there is a ranking, there will be opponents. Only by knowing yourself and the enemy can you win every battle.
It is necessary to tap the advantages and disadvantages of competitors, and adjust the seo strategy according to their actual situation to achieve the best seo effect.
However, in actual seo work, there are not many friends who really have detailed analysis and real-time monitoring of competitors, and many friends report that they don’t know how to analyze competitors, don’t know how to start, and don’t know what to analyze? So how? What about competitor analysis?
Use tools to query the basic data of the website, such as the age of the website domain name, Alexa ranking, weight, PR value, core keyword ranking, inclusion volume, general situation of external links, estimated website traffic and website space, etc., through such a Basic information can also see the degree of competition of a website, so that you know yourself and your opponent.
In fact, there is no substantial difference between analyzing competitors and analyzing your own website, but you can’t see the internal data of the other’s website, and you cannot fully grasp the other’s various strategies. You can only rely on the external data and characteristics of the other’s website. Push its skills and strategies
There are now a large number of excellent webmaster tools in the industry, and a lot of data is actually close to transparency. Competitor analysis is to discover the strengths and weaknesses of the other party to guide the progress of your own website seo work. The existing webmaster tools and external data are sufficient To support this work, it is not necessary to clearly understand the data in the opponent’s website logs or traffic statistics.
Therefore, if you know how to analyze your own website, you generally know how to analyze your opponent’s website. If you don’t know how to do competitor analysis, you may not even have a clear analysis of your own website.
2. Keyword strategy of competitors’ websites.
After the website is positioned, the target user group is established, and the focus of product promotion is determined, the next step is to research and analyze the keywords. Checking the keyword strategy use of competitors’ websites plays a vital role. All keywords They are all established around the product’s brand, classification and attributes.
There are so many keywords on a website. Where are the core keywords and basic keywords of competitors’ websites? The answer is the homepage, first-level and second-level columns, and important pages.
Look at the keywords used in the pages of a website, generally look at the title. The main content of a page is mainly developed around the title.
With the constant changes of Google’s algorithm, the keywords tag is no longer important, so no keywords are used in the title, even if the keyword tags contain it, it is equivalent to fake, and the keywords distributed on each important page of the website are the use of keyword strategy , Your goal is to analyze the focus of the keywords to be optimized on the competitor’s website, find out these keywords, and get the focus of the website’s product promotion.
Generally speaking, the more competitive a certain keyword is, the more websites or webpages will be optimized for it. Based on this consideration, we can use search engines to find out competitors’ websites for a certain keyword Or the number of web pages to measure the competitiveness of keywords. The easiest and most traditional way to determine the number of competitors’ websites or web pages is to search for the corresponding keywords in the search engine, which will return the search results in the SERP. This can be regarded as the number of competing websites and web pages.
However, strictly speaking, this is a very rough way. In many cases, it does not accurately reflect the competitiveness of keywords. Especially for some common words, even if they are not competitive at all, the number of queries this way It may also be huge.
3. The navigation structure design of competitors’ websites.
The structure and navigation of the website also play a vital role in website ranking. A good website structure and navigation design are directly related to the search engine’s inclusion of the site. Without inclusion, there will be no ranking. The website structure design is generally reflected in three aspect:
(1) Whether the design of the primary and secondary columns is clear and reasonable. Some companies’ sites are not clear. Just like when you go to a supermarket to buy something, you originally wanted to buy toilet paper, but when you came to the toilet paper section, you not only saw toilet paper, but also spicy snacks. As a result, you didn’t know what it was. “Life Zone” or “Food Zone”, I think you must have no interest in shopping.
(2) Is the website navigation design a text link or a flash link. Everyone knows that text links are more conducive to search engine inclusion than flash as navigation
(3) Site map of the website. The navigation design of a website is unreasonable, and the site map can make up for it. On the other hand, the site map is also conducive to search engines to crawl web pages.
A good website structure is conducive to seo website optimization, and it is also easier to get the favorite of search engines, thereby helping to improve the ranking of the website. Only a website structure that is conducive to spider crawling can be more conducive to seo website optimization.
If your own website structure level cannot be compared with your opponents, then your website ranking will be difficult to surpass each other. At this time, you can refer to most of the better website structures, and then revise your own website, maybe change it. After a period of time, your website ranking will rise.
4. The internal chain design of competitors’ websites.
Depends on whether the connection design of the competitor’s website is reasonable, you have to browse the pages of the website, and click on each page to see. A good website’s internal chain is generally reflected in:
(1) Whether the design of the primary and secondary columns of the website is clear and reasonable.
(2) Whether the website link is a linear link, a loop or a mesh link, and the mesh link is the optimal link.
(3) Whether the website page has recommended modules or related modules link to other pages.
(4) Whether there are keywords in the website text that link to other pages.
At the same time, the quality of this internal chain design is also one of the reference standards for user experience. Through the description of these four aspects, I believe that whether the internal links of competitors’ websites are reasonable is self-evident.
5. Whether the competitor’s website page has been optimized.
To determine whether a website page has optimized traces, for the average SEO personnel, Ma Haixiang suggests that you can look at seven simple points:
(1) Whether the website title contains keywords.
(2) Whether there are keywords in the keyword tags of the website.
(3) Whether there are keywords in the description tags of the website.
(4) Whether the website contains ALT attributes and whether keywords are added.
(5) Whether there are keywords in the title of the website content.
(6) Whether there are keywords in the subtitles of the website content.
(7) Whether there are keywords in the text of the website, and whether they have undergone special processing, such as bolding, coloring, and underlining.
In fact, the ultimate goal of page optimization is to reflect a keyword density problem, and keyword density can help keyword rankings, so page optimization is also an important task, and when we analyze competitors’ websites, we only need to look at important pages and The optimization status of the column page is fine.
6. What is the optimization strategy for the external chain of competitors’ websites?
Those who do seo know that there is a saying in the industry: “Content is king, and external links are king.” If a site wants to obtain traffic, external links are definitely the most important thing, and it is also a manifestation of website weight. How important is the link to a website? Judging the quality of a website’s external links mainly depends on three aspects:
One is that relevance refers to:
(1) Whether the anchor text is related to the subject of the linked page.
(2) Whether the linked page is related to the subject of the linked website page.
(3) Whether the anchor text is related to the subject content of the connected website page.
(4) Whether the themes of the two websites are related.
The second is diversity:
(1) Links from different types of websites, such as friendship links, blogs, forums, classified information networks, B2B platforms, social networks, and news source websites.
(2) Different domain names from different websites, such as com, cn, net, org, and gov links.
The third is the number of external links:
Generally, the external linking strategy of corporate sites is mainly based on friendship links, supplemented by other links. Of course, some sites are indeed different. For different sites, the idea of external chain optimization is similar. This requires analysis of competitors during external chain checks. What is the external chain strategy? There are several ways to detect the number of external chains:
(1) The domain command adds the URL.
(2) Enter the URL directly in the search box.
(3) Google external chain query tool.
7. Analysis and evaluation of competitors’ advantages and disadvantages.
Competitors’ advantages and disadvantages analysis and evaluation analysis can generally look at two aspects:
The first is to judge the strength of the company behind the website and other information, as well as economic conditions.
The second is the overall seo planning of the website, the seo optimization of the website, and the company’s emphasis on seo optimization.
Finally, analyze the competitor’s website and other details, such as: meta tags, image ALT tags, Robots, 404 pages, nofollow tags, internal link structure, navigation menus, etc. These details are easily overlooked to surpass competitors’ websites. , Then the bargaining chip of our website surpassing the opponent in ranking will increase accordingly. If the website of the competitor is not perfect in these details, then our own corporate website can be set up in these aspects so as to catch up with the opponent website There will be more chips.