Information technology is advancing by leaps and bounds, and business innovation is becoming more and more frequent. Market factors and changes in all aspects will affect the enterprise at any time, from supply to design and manufacturing, to the entire value chain of sales and delivery, and also bring a series of challenges to warehouse management.
Warehouse management is very important, but due to the different types and specifications of materials / finished products, and the large number of them, it is easy to appear in the management process of cluttered warehouses, inaccurate inventory, large workload, low overall efficiency, and errors Problems such as high rates and high costs have a great impact on the customer service experience and the daily business operations of the enterprise. Therefore, how to refine and informatize the warehouse management has become one of the focuses of the company’s current development.
Through the introduction of WMS system, it can help enterprises establish standardized warehouse operation procedures, improve the efficiency and accuracy of materials in and out of warehouses; visual operation process management, obtain real-time warehouse operation information, product early warning and other indicators, and provide timely information for high-level decision-making; integration Existing information systems such as SAP ERP, SRM, MES, etc., realize the automatic docking of related data, improve the data utilization rate, and improve the supply chain execution.
Functional design of WMS system
1. Warehouse management: rationally divide the area of the existing warehouse, and apply barcode labels to each area and warehouse to improve the efficiency and accuracy of the operator’s racking and finding goods.
2. Storage management: Support multiple storage methods, automatically prompt storage for priority storage locations, reduce staff pressure, and increase warehouse utilization.
3. Picking management: automatic distribution and delivery of picking tasks, optimizing the picking path, prompting the picking position, and ensuring the picking efficiency and accuracy.
4. Outbound management: support multiple outbound methods, including sales outbound, material outbound, outsourced, and other outbound methods.
5. Label printing: support printing material labels, finished product labels, box labels, pallet labels, storage location labels, etc.
6. Management in the warehouse: support the operations of the warehouse, inventory, damage, transfer, inventory adjustment and other operations in the warehouse, and generate operation records and corresponding analysis results.
7. Batch management: It can record the time and storage location of materials / finished products in real time, realize first-in first-out management, and also facilitate the follow-up of the quality of materials / finished products.
8. Inventory management: Support the setting of inventory upper and lower limits and validity period warning. When the inventory quantity and validity period exceed the set value, it will prompt you, and you can make timely adjustments to production, sales, procurement, etc. to optimize enterprise inventory.
9. RF management: support the whole process of RF scanning, such as receiving, putting on shelves, picking, transferring, counting, and leaving the warehouse. The scanned data is checked with the system to ensure the accuracy of the operation. At the same time, after the operation is completed, the data is transmitted back to the background of the system without manual entry again.
10. Report management: support inventory statistical analysis, inventory analysis, safety inventory analysis and early warning, warehouse utilization, inventory statistical analysis and other reports to provide managers with accurate data support.
11. Interface management: It can be integrated with SAP ERP, SRM, MES and other information systems, breaking the information island, real-time multi-system data real-time synchronization, and improving supply chain execution.
Through the application of the WMS system, it can help enterprises effectively manage all links in the warehouse to achieve the purpose of standardized and information management. At the same time, it integrates with SAP ERP, SRM, MES and other information systems to form a unified information system integration specification. And lay the foundation for the integration and interconnection of future systems.