The car insurance has not yet expired,
I received “greetings” from major insurance companies,
Received a sales call,
The other party is clear about your name, unit, and address,
Talked about something accidentally,
The e-commerce platform will push related products to you;
How did the information leak out?, there are so many ways, if you don’t pay attention, you will get the trick
In the information age, big data is an invisible “gold mine”. However, some criminals are also eyeing your personal information, trying to make illegal profits from it.
1. Active disclosure channels may be sharing train tickets, ID photos, etc. on the Internet filling in personal identification information and bank account information in phishing websites and malicious applications connecting to phishing WIFI leads to theft of information, etc.
2. The passive leakage channel may be the leakage of user information stored by the enterprise due to hacker attacks, or the leakage of customer information by enterprise personnel.
3. Now that various new applications and services such as APP and mini programs are emerging in an endless stream, there are also problems such as uneven quality of mobile applications, widespread cracking and tampering, and chaotic distribution channels. Many apps Enterprises profit from this.
For example, the staff of individual agencies use work convenience to steal the new baby information updated every month and sell it to others.
People with ulterior motives use their positions to query the personal information of citizens in the system and sell them to others.
Hiring others to call the parents’ contact number on the student’s personal information purchased from the Internet, to trick the parents of the student to transfer money through the ATM machine to obtain money from it.
How harmful is information leakage?, being harassed for no reason, inexplicably implicated, personal property loss…
Someone asked, what is the picture of such a deliberate attempt to steal personal information?
Some people think that it’s just leaking some personal information, what are they afraid of?
You may not know, the harm is greater than you think!
Generally speaking, criminals illegally obtain personal information mainly for the purpose of implementing precise fraud and defrauding users’ funds. Even, “a relatively complete black industry chain has been formed among them, through the sale and use of personal information to achieve advertising promotion, telecom fraud and other purposes.”
It can be divided into five categories:
1. Stealing personal privacy such as address books, emails, photos, account information, etc., mainly used for activities such as personal information trading;
2. Use spyware, phishing fraud and other acts to steal small amounts of funds
3. Cause system damage problems such as frequent crashes, deletion of data, and chip damage;
4. Push spam, pornographic and non-related information for profit;
5. Conduct illegal activities such as public opinion collection and remote monitoring.
In addition to harassing phone calls and being bombarded by “small advertisements”, what’s more, the victim’s account may be imitated. In case of any illegal activity, he may be implicated the most serious is that it may generate unknown debts and suffer Cyber threats and cyber fraud, personal accounts are blocked, etc., causing personal property losses.
What to do if personal information security is threatened?
Of course, the most important thing is to enhance self-prevention awareness and effectively avoid personal information leakage from the source. The following methods must be kept in mind:
1. Try not to use WIFI in public places to avoid exposure of personal information to hackers.
2. Try to visit a website with a secure protocol. For example, websites with “https:” in the URL prefix are usually more secure.
3. Try not to use the same account and password. By setting up multiple accounts and passwords, you can avoid being “followed” by hackers.
4. Properly dispose of courier bills and other documents containing personal information, and promptly destroy documents and vouchers that contain information such as name, telephone number, and address.